Friday, January 28, 2011

Half a Day in the Life of Mia the Intern at Reveille (extreme boredom takes hold)

I am at my internship today, currently waiting for an email to inform us that we can start working on a very exciting binding job. So as I sit here I will write a stream of consciousness/random thoughts blog, let's see how this goes shall we?

1:33
There is a giant, and I really mean giant, bouquet of flowers on the other side of these colorful desk dividers. It's got roses, lilies and big ass leaves. It's for some girl's birthday from her family. I would melt if anyone, even family, sent me that.

1:39
The birthday girl with the flowers decided that from now on she's saying they are here because it one of our (us two interns) birthdays.

1:59
I'm still doing absolutely nothing, makes me really want to do something. If I thought to bring my 30 Rock script I'd totally be working on my beat sheet right now, but clearly I am not doing that. Shame on me. I have 4 more hours here, I'm really hoping I can do some binding soon. It's a boring task, but must be done and is less boring than the nothing I am doing right now. I just keep refreshing pages and sucking on the ice in the bottom of my glass cause it still tastes like root beer.

2:04
Maybe I should think about my spec script... I plan to write a Shakespeare themed episode of Community. I'm thinking Much Ado right now, have Jeff and Britta as Benedict and Beatrice, Troy and Annie as Claudio and Hero, probably Pierce as Leonato, Shirley as all other females, Chang as all the bad guys, the Dean Dogberry and other stupid silly characters in that plot, and Abed as the Prince. Of course I'm not going to stick straight to the plot of Much Ado or clearly make many of these people the characters, but I'm thinking they will take a Shakespeare mini course, but Jeff takes an archery mini course, and Britta says that she has so little faith in Jeff's archery skills that if he manages to shoot anything she will eat it, even though she's a vegetarian. And Troy decides to ask Annie to one of the Dean's crazy dances, or something. But they will be reading Much Ado in class, you know, to hint you in. That's all I have so far.


2:18
OkGo posted a code to get tickets for Lopez when they will be on it. I was bored so I did it, I may not be able to go, depending on the time, but why the hell not at least try right? It is OkGo.


2:22
The episode of Shit My Dad Says that we saw filmed aired last night...


2:23
There's a framed posted for Ugly Betty Near my desk and it's quite wrinkled, the poster for The Tudors, on the other hand, is quite nice.


2:39
I may have just bought a 30 Rock posted for $6 (as in I totally did).


2:45
Just explored the desk drawers, found PostIts, folders, a Sharpie, a self-storage keychain, and an ethernet cord.


2:47
My ice chips have turned to water, faintly root beer flavored cold water.
(now there's nothing in the glass)


2:52
Got myself some coffee and a Chewy bar (a Quaker Chewy bar at that!!), hopefully that'll help with something?


2:55
I just realized that I have been doing this, and nothing else, for almost an hour and a half. Holy hell... that job better start soon cause I cannot just sit here for 3 more hours.


2:58
I just did something semi-productive. I was asking a fellow intern that I work with on Mondays and who lives in the same apartment complex as me if she wanted to carpool, she said she can't because she goes straight to class in Santa Monica, but she forgot her computer charger here on Wednesday so I'm going to pick it up for her! Look at me, getting shit done!


3:11
I just realized that my pharmacy is extremely close to my work. Win!


3:17
I totally feel my coffee. It feel like... like I want to take a nap, but if I tried to lay down I would fly off the couch/bed/floor/whatever I could sleep on and bounce all around the room. Yay coffee!...?


3:29
Just read that there is going to be a Bones spinoff that has nothing to do with the show Bones, it's not starring anyone from the show, not in the same lab, not the same job, not even based on anything written by the woman who wrote the books Bones is based off... how is it a spinoff? Beats me


3:32
Also learned that our company is producing the upcoming CW zombie show Awakening. Good for us?


3:42
I'm extremely tempted to catch up on some shows on Hulu since my supervisor just told me to sit tight till we're contacted about the job we're waiting on. I mean, if I watch The Office it would be work related cause we produce it...


3:45
Currently I am eating an orange that I just remembered I put in my bag yesterday.


4:02
Been looking up new shows, some seem quite interesting, I love TV.


4:07
That wrinkled Ugly Betty poster really bothers me, none of the other 6 posters in this room are wrinkled.


4:22
Reading more about pilots that have been ordered, gotta say a lot sound quite good, I only hope one day some college intern is reading about a pilot of mine that some network ordered.


4:32
Just found out that ABC is doing a Charlie's Angels TV remake. Not sure how I feel about that.


4:39
Found another scripted pilot that my company is producing with Jack Black (and others) that's a big thumbs up for Reveille.


4:53
The sun is starting to set, I'm still doing nothing.


4:55
Got an email about the Lopez show, taping starts at 5pm so I doubt I'd make it out in time, especially since I have an event to go to for class that day.


4:58
The giant bouquet of flowers still looks good, the birthday day decided to leave it here over the weekend cause it's just too big to take home.


4:59
Speaking of next Thursday, I'm totally going to see Aaron Sorkin talk! Take that! Also I'm seeing all the other Oscar nominated writers!


5:07
I have resorted to playing internet games. I am pretty positive that I will be doing no more work today.


5:25
About half an hour left, I'm more than ready to go home, crashed from the coffee for sure, I think I'll end this here. Hope you enjoyed half a day in the life of Mia the intern at Reveille!

No comments:

Post a Comment