Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trapped in London

You may or may not know this, but right now I should be sleeping at my dear friend Rosalee's apartment in New York City getting energy for my flight to MN later the same day.
Instead I am sitting in the computer lab of the ICLC, a place that, as of Friday, I thought I wasn't going to see again for years, if ever.

And why is this?
This is because on Saturday London got four inches of fluffy pretty snow and suddenly the entire country shut down.
Take Heathrow, that once the snow came, instead of keeping the workers at the airport to get rid of the snow and defrost the airplanes, they sent all the workers home for two days, leaving the wheels frozen to the ground on Monday.
Way to go London.
Let's see what else London did stupid...
Well, they don't know how to fucking shovel. The sidewalks were icy and covered in snow for 4 days. The street cleaners were trying to use brooms, and I have personally seen that they don't know how to use a shovel to chip away at ice.

But, on the bright side, it's not a lovely 50 degrees in London with no sidewalk ice and lots of melting snow.
Thanks for being on the ball London.


Now I am living in Sean's tiny flat for free with my lovely flatmates Shena and Latrice until I leave for Seattle on Christmas day.

So what do we do with our time?
We play on Sporcle.
We sing songs like Fuck You and The 12 Days of Christmas.
We bitch and moan about Virgin Atlantic.
We grow to hate some of the British things that just days before we loved.
We eat free muffin that appear magically before you (from the hand's of Latrice)
We yell at each other and ask if weird travel sites are real.
But mostly we just try and kill time until we have a flight.

It's really just so lovely...

THANKS LONDON!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mia, for the news. You certainly have lent detail I was missing, like the "four fluffy inches" and sending the staff home for two days. Good Lord...

    ReplyDelete