Monday, September 27, 2010

My Dark Depression (A Tale of TV Loss)

There are many things that could make a girl far from home horribly upset. These are things like... homesickness, dealing with strange food, not being able to understand some of the British accents, hating tube closings and strikes, cold rainy weather, fridges that don't work, or toilets with no toilet seats. (only some of these apply to me).


But what makes Miss Amelia Hanson quite upset, nay... almost deeply depressed, about being abroad?
American TV and Hulu Queue updates.


Last week marked the return off most of my favorite shows in the US. That means last week marked a flooding of emails from Hulu teasing me with that fact that my Queue is full of lovely, beautiful, entertaining, eye watering television shows, that I am not allowed to watch because I am in the United Kingdom. And trust me, I've tried, I've tried SO hard to watch them, but it just doesn't work.


It's the most depressing moment of my day, checking my email and finding out that Bones, The Office, Glee, Cougar Town, Modern Family, Community, The Good Guys, Parenthood and many more, are just waiting for me, wanting me to watch them before they expire (which of course is before I come home).


It's like sending a fat diabetic child pictures of cakes and cookies and cupcakes and pudding and ice cream waiting for him at home, but adding that it will all be gone by 2pm that day.


Poor fat diabetic child.


To make matters worse, British TV taunts me by showing me last years season of my favorite shows and calling them new.


They aren't new if I've seen them before E4!!! You crazy purple bastards!!!!!


Or, there's ITV, which teases me with commercials for the real new season of House, the one you all get to watch right now, but then fucking me over at the end and saying, Oh! By the way you silly sad American, this show is going to be on a channel YOU DON'T GET!!


YOU ARE MEAN ITV, VERY MEAN.


Therefore, (along with watching some lovely British shows which does fill a tiny void), I watch shit loads of Friends, last years Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and Glee. And I watch season 2 of True Blood every Thursday night for the 3rd time in oh... a year.


This is my depressing life, TV wise. You may not understand my pain, but I know it's there, and I know it's read, and it make me cry EVERY SINGLE COLD DARK INTERNET-LESS NIGHT (oh yeah, by the way, we will never have at home internet, so that doesn't help my strife).


But I will leave you with a completely unrelated story.


While I was writing this blog post, the large old Asian man sitting across from me turned his laptop (with camera on) to face me directly. (meaning whoever he was chatting with was now watching me) When He noticed me looking he quickly hid the scree that showed what was on camera, you know, so I couldn't see. He left his laptop there, facing me, for at least two minutes while he "read" his newspaper. He then turned it back to him, smirked at the camera, and started chatting with that person again.


That's creepy large old Asian man, that's creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment