Saturday, November 13, 2010

We Were Raised Well (Creative Students Make Drinking Games)

Because my flatmates and I are in college, because we have no internet at home, because we were raised with loving families, and because we like spending time with each other there are two things we enjoy doing on weekends.

Drinking and playing games. Sometimes both. (it's about 50/50)

We should not be judged for this.
In fact, I think, in part, we should be a bit admired for this. It proves that we do not spend all our time in front of our television or shut away in our rooms. Of course, who knows if this would be the case if we had an internet connection, but that is not what's important here people!

What's important is we bond over games like Set and BS and Kent and War and Go Fish and Old Maid. (maybe you see a pattern here?) If you don't see the pattern, I'll spell it out for you. We only have Set cards and normal playing cards. It gets a little boring.

So what do we do?
We get creative and find ways to play branded board games without owning the game.
Namely Things... ! (a wonderful game I often play with my family or on Girl's Nights)

But this weekend we're taking that creativity even further.
That's right, we've turned Things... into a drinking game! And what a game it will be. I have fully prepared us by looking up bootleg Things cards online and when I go home I will prepare the paper.

We are wonderfully motivated and creative children (who are actually fully legal adults, some even in two countries), so don't ever doubt us!

And of course, we must be praised for finding ways to embrace the college lifestyle while clinging to our childhoods!

(sorry mother, love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment