Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Elves and Goblins: The Christmas Explosion

The moment November started in London Christmas exploded.
I have a theory that there were elves, disquised as goblins of course, waiting all around London Halloween night and the moment midnight struck they popped out and decorated EVERYTHING!


And now it is impossible to going pretty much anywhere in London without being reminded that Christmas is... MORE THAN A MONTH AWAY.
Still, I'm not allowed to complain, because this country doesn't have Thanksgiving as a buffer between the goblins and the elves.
And, I must admit, there are a few pluses to this Christmas explosion.
That would be food, because now that Tesco has been taken over by the Christmas elves there is lots of Christmas food.
Like...
Cranberry and Orange Jaffa Cake Bars!
And Mince Pies!! (which I have been wanting since I got here)
And best of all, in case I was missing the idea of Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches (which I wasn't yet) the elves have given me a wealth of British Turkey Feast sandwiches (which I am currently eating and finding quite lovely)

Mostly though, I'm happy about the mince pies.
And excited that this year's Christmas theme in London is Narnia.
Thanks elves!

No comments:

Post a Comment