Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bake Sale!

At this very moment people are telling me that they hate me, over and over again.
But it's all for charity.

In front of me, greeting every person that enters the building, is a table full of (mostly) home-baked goodies from cupcakes to chocolate cookies to blondies to "bites" and then of course are what I like to call Mia's Wonderful Chocolate Mistake Cookies.

You see, I was planning to make chocolate chip cookies. Last Thursday I bought two boxes of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mix so I would be ready for my bake sale contribution on Tuesday. I even made a batch for my flat simply to test out my skills. The outcome was interesting, but tasty (and made on a homemade baking sheet comprised of a broken down box covered in tin foil). The cookies themselves where a sort of mini-scone cookie hybrid.
I think this is due to the fact that the British simply don't know how to make real cookies.

Needless to say, I expected my cookie making to go flawlessly, and at first I thought it did. I mixed it all together, formed cute little cookie balls, placed them all nicely in row on my cookie sheet and popped them in the oven. Then I sat down on the couch with the remaining cookie dough to wait the ten minutes, but the moment I finished off the dough I realized that I never added the egg to my batter!

OH NO!

I pulled those little cookies right out of the oven, popped them back in my mixing pot (we don't have bowls) cracked an egg over them and mixed. The turned into a chocolate sticky mess (you know, cause the little chocolate chips got all melty after sitting in the oven for a minute).

I was very concerned, but my mistake cookies turned out more cookie like than the batch made on Sunday and turned from mini-scone cookie hybrid to brownie cookie hybrid. Joy!

Now the only bad this is that there are two cookies, a cupcake and a handful of tiny brownies staring at me and making me want to eat them. But, I mean, it is for charity...

No comments:

Post a Comment