Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Who's On Mia's TV? (I'm Thankful for My Boredom Cure)

It's almost Thanksgiving time!
A time to think about what you are thankful for.
A time to stuff your face full of turkey and mashed potatoes.
A time to be American.

Which is why I probably shouldn't write a blog post about Thanksgiving (you know, cause I'm in the UK)

But I will write about something I'm thankful for... and that's my TV tattoo.
As many of you know, this summer I had an old fashioned TV tattooed onto my left forearm (I named it Phil). And as you probably know if you've seen this television, it has a blank screen.
And what does that mean?
That means my arm has a lovely little box just begging to be drawn in whenever boredom strikes me.

Take, for example, when I was bored in British Pop early in the semester.

This was my first project, I was pleased.

Then there's the not so impressive bored waiting at Glouster Road Tube Stop for the Circle Line.

While I was pleased with the pink TV, the screen just ended up looking a bit stupid.

Then of course we have the lovely, weird, strange, I was not tired at 3am and got an idea for a computer project one...
 

This one really made me happy, even if the quality isn't the best.

There's also the only one ever drawn by someone other than me.


Or there is the time I found Nessie on my arm after coming home from Scotland, who would have ever thought he'd be there?


Lastly we have one for you to figure out.
Last night I was watching a British program online while at work and decided that I wanted the star of that British Program on my arm. So, I found a picture of him, flipped it upside down, and drew it on my arm.
Can you figure out who it is?
(special prize if you can)


PS
I'd love to know what your favorite piece of TV art it. Though of course there will be more as time goes on. Maybe you even have ideas for what I can draw next.

NOW I AM OFF TO MOROCCO!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment