Friday, October 29, 2010

Ode to The Tempest

(I have decided that my letter to the men of Holland hostels is enough on Holland, so now we're moving on)

I would like to talk to you about my obsession.
The Tempest.
I love The Tempest. I adore The Tempest. I almost worship The Tempest.
Here's how much I love it.
I wrote a full length play adaptation of The Tempest.
I think directed my full length play adaptation of The Tempest at my high school.
My theatre teacher gave me a copy of The Tempest from 1923 for graduation, because she knew I am infatuated with The Tempest.
I have only seen two productions of The Tempest, and this upsets me extremely.
I was extremely upset to discover that I had arrived in England just too late to see the RSC do The Tempest.
When we went to the RSC I bought a The Tempest t-shirt. I adore that shirt.
When I went to the Globe giftshop I bought a The Tempest mug, that reads "Thought is free," and a The Tempest shot glass that reads "A howling monster, a drunken monster."
Lately, I have been brainstorming how to improve my adaptation of The Tempest and make it a screenplay.
Today I saw a trailer of the new film version of The Tempest and my mind nearly exploded.
I. Love. The. Tempest.

For your viewing pleasure...
The Tempest Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment