Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Very Sam Neill Blog Post

Sam Neill and I are friends. Sure, we've never met, never even saw each other from a distance. We don't know much about each other. And... well, Sam Neill doesn't even know I exist, but we're friends. Let me tell you why.

First, of course, is that he was Damien in The Final Conflict. And any man who can rock the look of the Devil's son is good in my book (and should be good in yours as well).

Also, he was like this close to being James Bond in The Living Daylights and GoldenEye, so, if Devil's Son wasn't good enough, almost 007 should be.

He was also almost Doc Ock, not that I really bothered to see that movie, at least, not after the first half hour cause I really just got bored. I mean don't get me wrong, I like Spiderman, he's usually a cool dude, but I just never was able to watch Spiderman 2, never in the mood I suppose?? And I didn't even consider Spiderman 3, and boy howdy am I ever glad I avoided that beast of a movie, let me tell you.

But I'm getting off topic, let's get back to why Sam Neill is lovely.

If you aren't impressed already (though you really really should be, cause, I mean, come on it's fucking Sam Neill) then these next to facts about Sam probably won't impress you (we'll get the worst one out of the way first).

Mr. Neill is being silly, honoring the fact that he's half an Aussie, and he was just in Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole... as an owl of course (with Jason Stackhouse!!).
Shame Sam Neill, shame.

This next one... well, I enjoy it, it pleases me (even though WE NEVER FOUND OUT WHO THE MAGIC MAN WAS BEFORE IT GOT CANCELLED!!!). Sam Neill was on the wonderfully bad but great, short-lived, totally non-Minnesotan but Minnesotan show Happy Town. He was the movie obsessed, Magic Man obsessed strange but wonderful British man in town.
This is what brought Sam back into my vision.

And last we have Sam Neill's pride and glory, the movie we all know and love him for...

Jurassic Park!

No more need's to be said there.

So I will leave you with a quote Sam said when he was to be on The Simpsons (another reason you should love him)
"I'm playing a cat burglar. I've made it. This is the high point of my career. I'm really chuffed"

No comments:

Post a Comment